Entries are now open for this year’s National Cat Awards and you have until noon on Friday 8 March to nominate your cat for one of five categories – so you need to be quick!
The categories are:
- Hero Cat – Cats that save the day
- Most Caring Cat – Cats that positively impact a person’s health or wellbeing
- Furr-ever Friends – Tales of friendship between children and cats
- Outstanding Rescue Cat – Fabulous felines adopted from animal charities
- PURINA® Better Together – Celebrating the special bond that has transformed and enriched the lives of both a feline and human
|All of the winners and judges at the 2018 National Cat Awards - Credit: Ciaran McCrickard|
The overall winner will inherit the title of National Cat of the Year from Theo, who helped his owner Charlotte Dixon survive a potentially fatal blood clot.
|2018 National Cat of the Year Theo with his owner Charlotte Dixon|
Broadcaster and writer Andrew Collins, whose own cat Gerry was previously a stray, will be one of the panel of celebrity judges selecting the National Cat of the Year. He said: “Cats make a house a home and whatever stage of life they join you, it improves everything. The National Cat Awards honour acts of extraordinary bravery, empathy and loyalty. Humans are lucky to be chosen and adopted by cats of all ages.”
To find out how to nominate your cat for the 2019 National Cat Awards, visit www.cats.org.uk/nca
For a recap of what happened at last year’s star-studded ceremony, check out our post:
2018 National Cat Awards: The best quotes from the event
To hear more about what Andrew Collins thinks of the National Cat Awards, read his guest blog: That's not my cat!